Hello friends! Today we are talking about types and uses of digital marketing.
As we know there are so many channels and they facilitate digital marketing. An Marketer’s/advertiser’s main goal is to find a channel/Medium that maximizes two-way communication and brings a higher overall ROI (return on investment) for the brand. Many digital marketing channels are available.
Yes, here we are! It is the time to be number one in the digital marketing. The types of online digital marketing include:
1. Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
It is the process of “ranking” your site higher on search engine result pages, which increases the natural (or free) traffic that the site receives. Channels that benefit from SEO include websites, blogs, and infographics.
There are several ways to use SEO to generate qualified traffic to your website:
- On-page SEO: This type of SEO focuses on everything “on-page” when viewing a website. By studying the search volume and intent (or meaning) of your keywords, you can answer questions for your readers and rank higher on the search engine result page (SERP) that generates queries.
- Off-page SEO: This type of SEO focuses on all the activities that occur “off-page” when optimizing your website. “What activities aren’t carried out on my own website that would affect my ranking?” You might ask. The answer is inbound links, also known as backlinks. The number of links to your publishers, as well as the relative “authority” of these publishers, will affect your ranking of the keywords you follow. By connecting with other publishers, writing guest posts on these sites (and linking back to your site) and drawing external attention, you get the backlinks you need to promote your site on all suitable SERPs.
- Technical SEO: This type of SEO focuses on the back end of the website and how the page is encoded. Image compression, structured data, and CSS file optimization are all technical SEO forms that can increase the loading speed of your website in search engines like Google, this is an important ranking factor.
2. Affiliate Marketing
Affiliate marketing is a type of performance-based marketing in which a business rewards one or more affiliates brought by the affiliate’s own marketing efforts by each visitor or customer.
Affiliate marketing is not considered a safe, reliable and easy means of marketing through online platforms. This is due to the lack of credibility of the members who can generate the required number of new customers. Because of this risk and poor affiliation, the brand is vulnerable to exploitation in the case of commissions claimed to be received in bad condition. Legal instruments may provide some protection for this, but there are limitations in recovering any losses or investments. Despite this, affiliate marketing allows brands to target smaller publishers and sites with less traffic. Brands that choose to use this type of marketing generally need to be aware of such risks and establish relationships with related parties and rules between related parties to ensure and mitigate related risks.
This is a performance-based advertisement, where you receive a commission to promote someone else’s product or service on your website. Affiliate marketing channels include:
- Hosting video ads through the YouTube Partner Program.
- Posting affiliate links from your social media accounts.
3. Pay Per Click (PPC)
PPC is a way to increase website traffic by paying publishers every time an ad is clicked. PPC is one of the most common types of PPC, which allows you to pay for the top spot on the Google search engine results page at the “per click” value of the links you have given. Other channels where you can use PPC include:
- Paid Advertising on Facebook: Here, users can pay to customize videos, image posts, or slideshows that Facebook will publish in the newsfeed of people who match your business audience.
- Twitter Advertising Campaign: Here, users can pay to put a series of posts or profile badges in news feeds of specific audiences, all of which are dedicated to the specific goals of your business. This goal can be website traffic, more Twitter followers, Twitter interactions, and even app downloads.
- Sponsored Messages on LinkedIn: Here, users can pay to send messages directly to specific LinkedIn users based on their industry and background.
4. Display advertising
Display ads are advertisements that range from banner ads or other advertising formats on a website or application or social media, including text, images, flash, video, and audio. The main purpose of display advertising is to deliver general advertising and brand messages to site visitors.
As its name implies, online display advertising is responsible for presenting promotional messages or ideas to consumers on the Internet. These include a variety of ads, such as advertising blogs, web, interstitial ads, contextual data, ads on search engines, classified ads or dynamic ads. This method can be tailored to specific audiences from different types of locals to see specific ads, and these changes can be found to be the most productive element of this method.
5. Email marketing
Email marketing is considered cheaper than other forms of digital marketing; It is a way of quickly delivering information to existing or potential customers, such as its value proposition. However, recipients can disturb this communication channel, especially for new or potential customers, so the success of email marketing depends on the language and visibility used. In terms of visual appeal, there are indications of using graphics / visual effects related to the message you’re trying to send, but fewer visual graphics to use with the initial email, which in turn is more personalized. Feels more effectively. E-mail. In terms of language, style is a major factor in determining the appeal of an email. Compared to the formal style, using a casual tone can give the email a warm, gentle and seductive experience. For the combination; It is recommended to make the most; Not using graphics / visual and casual language. Conversely, the lack of visual appeal and formal language style are considered the most ineffective methods.
6. Search Engine Marketing
Search engine marketing (SEM) is a form of Internet marketing that involves website promotion by increasing the visibility of a website in a search engine results page (SERP) primarily through paid advertising. SEM may incorporate a search engine optimization feature that can adjust or rewrite website content and website architecture to achieve higher rankings on search engine results pages and improve pay-per-click (PPC) listings.
7. Social Media Marketing
The term “digital marketing” has many marketing aspects because it supports the different channels used in it, including social media. When we use a social media channel (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Google+, etc.) to market a product or service, the strategy is called social media marketing. It is a process in which strategies are developed and executed to attract website traffic using different social media platforms or to attract buyers’ attention through the web.
Social Networking Services-Social networking is an online platform that people can use to build social networks or build social relationships with others who have similar personal or professional interests, activities, backgrounds or real-life connections.
This approach promotes your brand and content on social media channels, increases brand awareness, and increases traffic, and attracts potential customers to your business. Channels you can use in social media marketing include:
8. Online public relations
Online public relations (E-PR, Digital PR) exerts the influence of network relations among netizens. Its purpose is to make satisfactory comments on the news of the organization, its products and services, and the target audience. Popular comments have been reduced to a great extent. Online public relations show a difference from traditional public relations. One of them is associated with its platform. Compared to traditional public relations channels (such as television, radio, and print media), web systems for online public relations are different from search to social platforms.
Is digital marketing applicable to all businesses?
Digital marketing can serve any business in any industry. No matter what product your company sells, digital marketing still needs to establish a buyer role to identify the needs of the audience and create valuable online content. However, this is not to say that all businesses should implement digital marketing strategies in the same way.
B2B Digital Marketing:
If your company is business-to-business (B2B), then your digital marketing efforts can be generated around online leads, with the ultimate goal of talking to a seller. Therefore, the role of your marketing strategy is for your sales staff to attract and convert the highest quality leads through your website and supported digital channels.
Outside of your website, you can choose to focus on a business-focused channel like LinkedIn, and your audience is spending that time online.
B2C Digital Marketing:
If your company is a business-to-consumer (B2C) business, then depending on the product’s price point, the goal of your digital marketing effort is to attract people to your website and make them customers without talking to them.
As a result, you may be less likely to focus on “leaders” in the traditional sense, and more likely to focus on building an accelerated buyer journey, from the moment someone visits your website to the moment they make a purchase. Compared to a B2B business, this usually means that your product features are in a higher marketing channel in the marketing channel, and you may need to use a stronger call to action (CTA).