In today’s market, consumers prefer less interruption and more interaction. Digital marketing remains the best way to engage customers, build organic traffic and drive revenue. This is a challenging job due to the fact that technology trends are changing consumer behavior. To make it easy for you, we have prepared the ultimate list of digital marketing interview questions. They are applicable for businesses of all sizes and in all major industries. With the digital marketing interview questions and answers at your disposal, you are not far away from getting your dream job.
Top Digital Marketing Interview Questions and Answers
Q1. Why is digital marketing preferred over traditional marketing?
Ans. This is the era of digital marketing and the prospects are extraordinary. Some of the reasons contributing to the success of digital marketing over traditional marketing are –
- Higher internet penetration
- Easy analysis, better tracking of leads and performance & usually better performance-focused ROI
- Better interaction with customers
- Faster / Real-time optimization
- Global reach
- Easy access to product/service information for consumers
Q2. What are the different types of digital marketing
Ans. It is among the most frequently asked digital marketing interview questions.
Different aspects of digital marketing are:
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
- Content Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- E-commerce Marketing
Q3. What are the best ways to increase website traffic?
Ans. Some of the most popular and effective ways to increase website traffic include –
- Paid search, social media advertising, and display advertising
- Content marketing
- Writing crisp and interesting headlines
- SEO activities including content optimization
- Targeting long-tail keywords
- Guest blogging
- Seeking referral traffic
- Posting content on LinkedIn
- Implementing schema microdata
- Linking Internally
- Email marketing
Q4. Explain inbound marketing and outbound marketing.
Inbound marketing – This includes attracting customers and turning them into leads through different marketing channels like SEO, content marketing, viral videos, webinars, social media campaigns, etc.
Outbound marketing – It involves reaching out to the targeted audience via more traditional forms of marketing, such as TVCs, radio ads, print advertisements, trade fairs, sales calls, and emails.
Q5. Can you tell the difference between branding and direct marketing?
Ans. Branding is a digital marketing strategy, where a company creates a name, logo, or design that can be easily identifiable as a brand name. It is a long-term process, achieved consistently and deliberately, and is believed to be one of the most effective ones.
Direct marketing is a digital marketing technique to reach out to potential customers through different mediums, such as emails, mails, pamphlets, catalogues, flyers, and others.
The basic difference between both is the time taken and mode to reach the consumers. Branding is done to build awareness, whereas direct marketing help companies reach out to their customers directly.
Q6. Which form of digital marketing is better: SEO or PPC?
Ans. Pay Per Click or PPC is a form of paid marketing where one can display ads in the sponsored results section of each search engine’s results page by paying a fee, while SEO is a free activity that helps to build traffic by achieving high rankings in the organic search results. One can’t say whether PPC or SEO is better, as it depends on business requirements and most importantly, budget.
Q7. Which are the most important digital marketing tools?
Ans. Some popular digital marketing tools are :
- Alexa Ranking
- Buffer App
- Crazy Egg Heatmaps
- Digital Point Keyword Tracker
- Google Analytics
- Google Keyword Planner
- Keyword Discovery
- SubmitExpress Link Popularity
- XML Sitemap Generator
Q8. Name some marketing automation tools.
Ans. Some of the scalable digital marketing automation tools are :
- Constant Contact
Q9. What is content marketing?
Ans. Content marketing is a marketing technique for the creation and distribution of relevant and valuable content to attract, acquire and attract the attention of a well-defined target audience, with the aim of driving them to be future customers.
Q10. What is the need for content marketing?
Ans. A good content marketing strategy helps to –
- Increase your site traffic
- Generate brand awareness
- Educate the market
- Increase engagement with your brand
- Generate sales in the medium term
- Boost lead generation
- Increase the lifetime-value
- Reduce the cost of customer acquisition
Q11. “Content Marketing is a way to engage your target audience and grow your network of leads and customers” – Do you agree with this statement?
Ans. Good content does not focus on selling, but on bringing some benefit to those who read it, such as solving a problem, clarifying a doubt, or teaching something. Content marketing must focus on what the public wants – really useful content.
Leads and sales are just the consequences of this process.
Q12. Name three things to avoid while executing a brand marketing strategy.
Ans. Here are the most important aspects that a brand strategy should avoid
- Not researching competitors enough – When competitors are not researched well, a brand may offer the same message. This can affect a brand in attracting customers.
- No long-term brand vision – A brand’s long term mission statement is important for a brand marketer to understand and align objectives. Short term goals may not work at all times.
- Not having a clear understanding of user persona – Clear understanding of target user segment and their pain point, attitude, behaviour is foundational to building and executing a great brand strategy
A brand marketing strategy is successful only when:
- The purpose of the brand is clear.
- The target market is well-researched.
- Create the right message for the intended audience.
- Brand guidelines are created well.
- All competitors are researched.
SEO Interview Questions
Q13. What is the role of SEO in digital marketing?
Ans. SEO is the acronym for Search Engine Optimization and it helps your web page easy to find, crawl, categorize, and help it rank on the first pages of search results. SEO is a crucial digital marketing channel that involves several activities like crawling, scanning, and indexing, measuring pertinence and recovering.
Q14. What are the key areas for using keywords to optimize webpage ranking?
Ans. Keyword optimization is an integral part of SEO and is done on the title and content body. Key areas for keyword optimization include :
- Title Tag
- Meta Description
- H1 Heading
- Text Content
- Image Alt Tags
Q15. How will you determine if a link is a bad link?
Ans. Bad links are usually :
- Links from a low-authority or questionable domain
- Links pointing to irrelevant context and/or source
- Links embedded in the suspiciously keyword-matched anchor text
- Links pointing to a link exchanges
- Repetitive links
- Link from same anchor texts from different websites
- Links from sites not indexed by Google
- Spam links
- Paid links
If you look forward to having a successful career in SEO, then do read our blog – A Step-by-Step SEO Guide for Beginners to Kick Start a Career in SEO
Q16. What is the difference between indexed and crawled content?
Ans. The indexed and crawled content would be the same thing because crawling is when Google sends its bots to your site and collects information from your website. But indexed is also when Google already incorporates it into its search results. Can there be content that is crawled and not indexed? Indeed, there could be content that Google has crawled and has not been indexed when you have added the meta tag “no index” in the HTML code to this content, to this web page, to this post. In this way, even if that content is published on the Internet, Google would not be indexing it.
Q17. What is more profitable in the long term for a company, an SEM campaign or an SEO campaign?
Ans. If our goals are long-term, logically an SEO campaign. An SEM campaign needs a budget and if our profitability is designed for a long time, we will have to continually keep our budget active. In addition, all the work we do in SEO positioning will always be there and we simply have to maintain that SEO positioning.
Q18. Tell me the tools you would use for Keyword Analysis?
Ans. There are a number of tools used in keyword analysis. It can be divided into paid and free tools –
Free Tools – Google AdWords: Keyword Planner, AdWord & SEO Keyword Permutation Generator, Keyword In, Soovle, Google Autosuggest, Google Trends, WMS Everywhere, Ubersuggest, Wordtracker Scout, WordStream Free Keyword Tool, etc.
Paid Tools – Ahrefs, Keywords Everywhere, SEMRush, Moz Keyword Explorer, Majestic, SpyFu, etc.
Q19. What is the difference between No-follow and Do-follow links?
Ans. Technically, the only difference between a no-follow link and a standard “do-follow” link is the presence of the rel=”nofollow” tag.
Q20. What is Google AdWords?
Ans. This is one of the most commonly asked digital marketing interview questions.
Google Adwords is Google’s advertising system, where the companies/advertisers bid on a set of keywords and get their ads to appear on search results. This is the most commonly used PPC advertising system.
Q21. How does Google AdWords work?
Ans. Google AdWords works on an auction system, which occurs every time a user carries out a keyword search. To get the most out of Google AdWords, your Quality Score and bid amount should be optimized. The better the Quality Score and bid amount, the better would be your ad positioning.
Q22. Name some Google AdWords ad extensions.
- Affiliate location extension
- Call extensions
- Promote extension
- Structured snippet extension
- App extension
- Sitelink extension
- Callout Extension
Q23. What is Google AdWords Remarketing?
Ans. A targeted digital marketing strategy helps marketers to reach out to people who have already visited their website but did not make a purchase or provide any lead. Google AdWords Remarketing helps in targeting the right people with the right ad, at the right time.
Remarketing, also known as retargeting, helps to increase conversion rates. ROI because the past site visitors may be familiar with your brand and may turn into prospective customers.
Q24. What is the limit for Adwords Ad characters?
Ans. For Adwords Ad characters, headlines and sub-headlines should not exceed 30 characters. Descriptions should be within 90 characters.
Q25. Differentiate between AdWords and AdSense.
Ans. Both AdWords and AdSense are a part of Google’s advertising network. AdWords allow the businesses to advertise on Google’s network, while AdSense enables publishers to reserve space for AdWords placements on their website.
Q26. How you can improve conversion rates?
Ans. Conversion rates can be improved by testing different elements on site, especially on the landing page. One can also experiment with functionality, layout, and style on landing pages.
Q27. What is the difference between page views and sessions on Google Analytics?
Ans. Sessions represent a single visit to your website, while page views represent each time a webpage on your website is loaded by any user. A single session can have multiple page views.
Q28. What to do if an ad is unapproved?
Ans. Once you know why your ad is unapproved, start with fixing the problem there and then. After editing the ad, wait for the approval status. Do not panic as it can take one business day.
Q29. What is keyword streaming?
Ans. Keyword streaming is all about analyzing relevant keywords and choose the best among them for the website based on its target audience. It is an important SEO activity to get organic traffic and leads.
Q30. Which are the required parts of a Google text ad?
Ans. A Google text ad has 3 parts –
- Headline Text
- Display URL
- Description Text
Q31. What are long-tail keywords?
Ans. A long-tail keyword is a longer and more specific keyword phrase. Long-tail keywords usually have fewer search volumes but have a higher conversion value.
SEM Interview Questions
Q32. What should be the ideal approach for effective PPC campaigns?
Ans. The ideal approach for an effective Pay Per Click campaign should be :
- Adding more PPC keywords to expand the reach
- Splitting ads into smaller segments to have a better Click Through Rate (CTR)
- Reviewing non-performing PPC keywords
- Refining landing pages to align with individual search queries
- Improving campaign relevancy by adding negative keywords
Q33. What are some of the hallmarks of a good PPC landing page?
Ans. A good PPC landing page should have:
- A clear call to action
- Trust symbols
- A powerful headline
- A list of advantages
- An image showing the context
Q34. List some of the qualities of an effective PPC.
Ans. Effective PPC qualities are :
- Expansive – The keyword list should be growing and adapting.
- Good quality score – It should get more visibility at lesser costs
- Relevance – It lists targeted keywords.
- Exhaustive – It should cover the “long tail of search.”
Q35. What are some of the important components of a PPC campaign?
Ans. The important components of any PPC campaign are :
- Ad copies
- Landing page
- Bid amount
- Call to Action
Q36. Explain the benefits of PPC for Lead Generation.
Ans. Following are the benefits of using PPC for lead generation :
- Attracts relevant and potential users
- Helps to achieve immediate keyword rankings and traffic
- Bids on various stages of the digital marketing funnel
- Provides complete control of message for each funnel stage
- Effectively tracks the ROI
- Grows your leads database and markets them with other methods
Q37. Which are some popular PPC tools?
Ans. Some of the popular PPC tools are –
- Keyword planner
- Adwords Editor
- AdWords Wrapper
Q38. What is the conversion rate in PPC?
Ans. The conversion rate is the number of conversions divided by the total ad clicks.
E.g. If you get 10 conversions from 100 clicks, your conversion rate is 10%.
Q39. Why do we do a competitive analysis?
Ans. It is one of the most frequently asked digital marketing interview questions. In an answer to this, you can say –
Competition analysis is believed to be the strategic element. It is a very critical part while chalking out a company’s digital marketing plan. It is very important to identify competitors and evaluate their strategies to determine their strengths and weaknesses. It is tough to establish a product’s USP (Unique Selling Proposition) without doing proper competition analysis. Besides, it also helps to decide on strategies for attracting targeted consumers.
Q40. What is a responsive website?
Ans. It refers to a site created using Responsive Web Design (RWD). A responsive website is compatible with multiple devices and browsers and responds very well to user interactions.
Q41. Mention some bidding options.
Ans. Some of the popular bidding options are :
- Cost Per Click (CPC)
- Cost Per Thousand Impressions(CPI)
- Cost Per Action/Acquisition (CPA)
Q42.What are some similarities and differences between SEM and SEO?
Ans. You can explain from the tables below
|To drive traffic||Yes||Yes|
|Testing and optimisation||Yes||Yes|
|Search results||Have ad extensions||Have featured snippets|
Q43. When should a company focus on an SEM strategy?
Ans. An SEM strategy should be used during the initial website launch. This will help in creating instant visibility on SERPs. A strategic PPC campaign should be run before building organic credibility.
Q44. How do you choose keywords for an SEM campaign?
Ans. When you are doing keyword research for SEM, the best way for customer conversion is to first select keywords based on six categories –
- Brand terms
- Product terms
- Competitor terms
- Substitute product terms
- Complementary product terms
- Audience terms
After specifying keywords for each, you further categorise and use them in four different ways:
- Broad match keywords – These can be singular and plural forms, synonyms, and/or similar phrases.
- Phrase match keywords – These are phrases that come before or after the keyword.
- Exact match keywords – These keyword phrases match word for word with the target keyword.
- Negative match keywords – These are the variants of broad match, phrase match, and exact match keywords that you want to exclude from your campaign.
Prepare In-depth with Google AdWords Interview Questions
Social Media Marketing Interview Questions
Q45. What is the success metric of social media?
Ans. Social media is not just about likes and follows, if these likes and follows don’t convert into sales, leads, or boost your business, they are not adding any value.
*Here you would need to put forward some intelligent examples and focus more on audience engagement.
Q46. Name the key metrics to measure the success of paid search campaigns.
Ans. The success of paid search campaigns can be measured by the following metrics.
- Click-Through Rate (CTR)
- Conversion Rate
- Cost Per Conversion
- Quality Score
- Wasted Spend
Q47. What do you understand by the quality score of an ad?
Ans. It is the rating given by Google of the quality and relevance of both keywords and PPC ads. It is multiplied by the maximum bid to determine the rank of the ad in the ad auction process.
Q48. Tell us some effective ways to improve the quality score of an ad.
Ans. The ad can have a good quality score if :
- Click-Through Rate (CTR)
- Conversion Rate
- Cost Per Conversion
- Quality Score
- Wasted Spend
Q49. How would you use Twitter for business development?
Ans. Twitter is among the most imperative social marketing channels to boost the business, and the catch is the usage of the most trending hashtags, which can drive massive traffic to the website.
Q50. Of all the Twitter tools, which are your favorites?
Ans. Though there are many tools for Twitter, at the end of the day I think that the ones that are really useful are the ones that you use every day and they serve you.
Of all of them, I would first highlight TweetDeck, which is a tool to monitor Twitter activity in real-time, that is, to see what is being said around a certain hashtag, mentions, users, keywords, etc. Moreover, it also helps you to see what is being said, what is happening at that moment on Twitter.
The second is Tweet Binder. This tool helps us measure the impact of a specific campaign, including statistics, the number of tweets, most active users, etc. I would highlight that this tool has a very intuitive panel, very simple to use, but at the same time, it is very powerful.
The third one would be Buffer. It helps you to schedule tweets over time. So if you can’t be there at a certain time, on Twitter, you can leave that content and those tweets can be scheduled on the required date and time.
Q51. How would you use LinkedIn for digital marketing?
Ans. Using LinkedIn is an ideal way to boost brand image. With around 500 million users, it is a perfect place to communicate with the audience. One can answer the questions of users, participate in the discussion, and post brand relevant stuff to educate the users.
Q52. Why should we use YouTube for digital marketing?
Ans. It has become a very important social media marketing channel these days. We can present a better picture of the brand by creating interesting videos, which can help to boost SEO traffic, create brand awareness, expand social reach, and improve the ROI.
Q53. Is there a Facebook tool that allows me to publish in all groups at the same time to save time since I do it with more than fifty groups?
Ans. Well, even if that tool existed, I would not use or recommend it, because that would lead to spam in all those groups. In those groups, they will sign you as you always publish in an automated way and in a non-personal way. So I would really define those 50 groups, what different characteristics do each other have, I would start the conversation in a different way and on different days because there will be people who are also in many of those groups and they will not find it right if you post the same thing in all sites at once. So, rather, differentiate the strategy and also differentiate the days in the publication times.
Q54. Is it possible for an unofficial page of a company to be positioned organically above the official one?
Ans. Yes, it is possible. The reasons for a page to rank do not depend so much on whether it is the official page or not. If an unofficial page has more visits, people last much longer on that page than on the official page, people share it more on social networks, those would be much more valid reasons for that page to deserve to rank. So, official or not, you have to make very good pages, rich with relevant content that can compel the user to spend more time, share the content, and come back to your site.
Q55. How will you write a perfect marketing email?
Ans. The main motive of sending out emails to the consumers is to make them aware of the brand and connect with them on a personal level. While sending out any marketing mail, we should :
- Use a very strong and attractive subject line
- Keep the mail simple
- Landing page
- Address the user’s need rather than talking about the brand
- Keep the CTA hard-hitting and useful
Q56. What should be the ideal length of marketing emails?
Ans. A marketing email should not be very long and clumsy. It should convey all the important information in the first or to the max the second line. The entire mail should be read within 10 seconds.
Q57. Tell me what KPIs you would use in social media reporting.
Ans. The most popular key performance indicators in social media reporting are –
- Traffic data
- Active fans/followers
- Brand mentions
Q58. How will you Increase the CTR?
Ans. A Call to Action (CTA) button plays a major role in improving the CTR, as people tend to take action when they are asked to do so. So using hyperlinked tabs of Click Here! Know More! Shop Now! etc., can help to achieve an improved CTR.
Q59. How will you write a great CTA?
Ans. A CTA button should be simple, loud, and very clear. To create a perfect call to action, we should
- Keep the CTA button visible and upfront
- Use action-oriented language
- Create urgency
- Talk in the first person
- Keep it short and sweet
Q60. Have you ever heard of Google My Business? If yes then shed some light on it.
Ans. Yes, it is a service offered by Google, where a business can be listed on the Google search engine to have improved visibility. It requires :
- Adding and updating business information
- Adding photos of the business
- Interacting with consumers
- Responding to Google reviews, on time
- Managing business information
Q62. What is Google Trends?
Ans. It is another very useful service by Google, which monitors the popularity of a keyword in a particular region in a particular time frame. It uses real-time search data to understand user behaviour.
Q63. Should we use G+ for digital marketing purposes?
Ans. Being a service of Google, G+ was started as a viable alternative for Facebook, but unfortunately, it didn’t work for most of the businesses and thus it is not recommended for digital marketing purposes.
Q64. How will you avoid the Google penalty?
Ans. Google penalty can be avoided by ensuring –
- The website is simple, clean and well-performing
- The website is mobile-friendly
- The website is user-friendly
- Links are not broken
- Content is not duplicate
- Smart keywords and tags are used
Q65. How do you improve social media engagement?
Ans. First of all, it is important to be updated with the social media platforms you use. Apart from that, you need to know the different types of engagement on multiple platforms, such as:
- Likes on videos on YouTube
- Comments on Instagram posts
- Mentions on Twitter or reposts
Then, it is important to analyse the engagements on each channel. Based on that, you can create different strategies to improve social media engagement. Some of the best ways to do so with social media posts are:
- Adding humour
- Creating FOMO (Fear of missing out)
- Using stickers for Instagram posts
Try giving examples for each.
Generic Digital Marketing Interview Questions
Q66. When a website is remodeled, are the URLs of the posts and pages kept? Is the positioning maintained?
Ans. Well, it would be one of the most important issues when remodeling a website. You have to save the old URL structure and, when creating the new website, try to always keep the same URL and content structures. If we have changed the web a lot and we have lost that initial structure or we cannot maintain it for some important reason, what we would have to do is, through 301 redirects, to the old URLs redirect them to the new URLs. This way, we do not lose the positioning and you keep exactly the same as you had earlier.
Q67. Why should you take up digital marketing certification? Is that even relevant?
Ans. Of course, it is relevant. Certification helps to gain and enhance your authorization at the professional level and adds value to the work. You will get to learn new skills and establish knowledge of the subject. Besides, it helps explore new work opportunities at professional organizations.
Q68. What is AMP?
Ans. AMP is an acronym for Accelerated Mobile Pages, it is a project from Google and Twitter to make very fast mobile pages. AMP is an open-source library that helps to create lightweight and fast loading web pages. It has enabled online marketers and publishers to create mobile-friendly web pages, which can be supported on different platforms, and is more compatible with all types of browsers.
Q69. How do you stay updated with new digital marketing trends?
Ans. This is one of the most commonly asked digital marketing interview questions. Digital marketing is a dynamic field and businesses want to employ highly skilled professionals, updated with the latest market trends. It is imperative that you follow blogs, podcasts, and webinars to keep yourself abreast of the updates. Fields like SEO are very dynamic as Google’s algorithms change very often. Tell the interviewer how you follow the most popular blogs and forums like Social Media Examiner, Mashable, Neil Patel blog, etc. You can also talk about network and marketing events where you interact with people that in turn help you enrich your knowledge.
Never say that you never do anything to keeping yourself updated with digital marketing news, else the follow-up digital marketing interview question can lead you into trouble.
Q70. Do you think we are following some old school or wrong digital marketing tactics these days? How would you like to change it?
Ans. That’s why we said that you need to keep yourself updated on the latest trends. Do homework before appearing for the interview – go through the company’s website, check its social media, the posts, how they respond to users on social platforms and their LinkedIn page. Going through the clientele is also a good idea. Even if you have found glitches on their social platform, you do not need to be very honest and point out every error. Just carefully assessed the social media strategies of the company, you would need to come up with things that can help them have a stronger presence on those platforms.
Q71. What enticed you to this digital marketing vacancy?
Ans. Now it’s the time for you to recall the job posting and come up with the stuff that really attracted you to the vacancy. It could be the brand name, the opportunity, the designation, the location, or anything else. You need to understand the psyche of the interviewer, he is trying to know if you have made good research about the company, its products, and services or you are just interested to change your job?
For this digital marketing interview question, you need to focus on the role and say that you have wanted to work for one of the best organizations in the domain. Highlight how you believe that the opportunity can be a stepping-stone in taking the career ahead.
Q72. How do you think your knowledge of digital marketing will benefit our company?
Ans. Your answer to this digital marketing interview question should be all about describing your personal experience working as a digital marketing professional. Think about the skills that you have earned over the years and how would they benefit the business. It is always a good idea to mention any campaign you have successfully taken up recently and how such experiences can be relevant to the business you are being interviewed for. The interviewer wants to know what makes you different from the other candidates in terms of knowledge, experience, expertise and wants to make a decision.
Q73. What are the main challenges of digital marketing in 2021? How would you turn them into opportunities?
Ans. In 2021, these are the main challenges for a digital marketer:
- More importance to video and podcast content – Businesses today are shifting to online video content. But it is not just limited to YouTube. Short videos on Instagram and Facebook are now converting customers more than image-centric posts on the respective platforms. The same is with podcasts.
- Personalised messaging – Customised marketing campaigns have already dominated the online marketing world. Amazon is one big example. However, businesses are creating unique strategies to engage their customers.
- Voice search – With the advent of Alexa, Siri and Googlebot, people are gradually shifting to searching items on the web instead of typing.
To overcome the challenges, a wholesome digital marketing strategy would require the following:
- For a successful video marketing strategy, one can publish the transcripts and use them differently. For Facebook videos, one can use the transcript as subtitles to engage more users. The audio can be taken out of the video and be used for a podcast episode.
- Use a voice search strategy that adds value to the customer’s query. During your digital marketing interview, you can highlight the example of Nestle’s cooking assistant. Known as Nestle’s GoodNes skill for Alexa, users can listen to the step-by-step guide on recipes and cook.
- You can quote the example of EasyJet’s email marketing campaign during your digital marketing interview. EasyJet launched an entire campaign based on customer data. They would check the customer’s travel history with the airline and create personalised stories and suggest the next places to visit that are unique to each customer.
You can also mention AI and chatbots to support this answer.
Q74. What is the importance of a mobile-first digital marketing strategy?
Ans. In the last few years, there has been a significant bump in smartphone users. This phenomenon is far from staying static. For the millennial and Gen Z population, especially, mobiles are an integral part of life. As technology is now converging into tiny devices and replacing bulky systems, users also demand concise information. In other words, short-form and easy-to-understand content (posts, videos or articles) are given more importance.
To satisfy today’s customer, a digital marketing strategy cannot overlook mobile-first marketing. To be able to meet the millennial consumer’s demands, brands can stay ahead of the competition through social media channels, and optimising websites for mobile.
Q75. How do you measure customer satisfaction?
Ans. Customer satisfaction is determined by how a brand’s customer interacts with it. To improve it, a business has to first determine the following:
- Knowledge of who are the customers
- How can a brand cater to the customers’ needs.
Customer satisfaction can be measured through the following:
- Positive reviews vs negative reviews – The higher the satisfaction, it’s more likely for positive reviews to stay than negative reviews.
- Buying the product again – If the customer buys the product again, s/he is more likely to refer to their closed ones about the product.
To keep track of customer satisfaction and improve it, a brand can opt for the following:
- Conducting surveys.
- Social listening.
Q76. How do you segment buyer personas?
Ans. This is a common digital marketing interview question for intermediate digital marketers. To segment buyer personas, one can use the following methods:
- Geographic segmentation – This is done by finding the target market through geography – city, state, or country.
- Demographic segmentation – Digital marketers can segment the audience based on their age, gender, nationality, income, etc.
- Behavioural segmentation – One can find out the audience’s online buying behaviour, online search activity and so on.
Make Interviews Simpler with Digital Marketing Interview Questions
Businesses in every industry need expert digital marketers to grow their revenue and build customer loyalty. The digital marketing interview questions above will help you prepare better and impress your recruiter for your new high-paying role.
Top Digital Marketing Career FAQs
1. What is social media marketing and how is it different from digital marketing?
Ans. Social media is a buzzword used for various sites that are used to carry out social actions and build connections online. Like Facebook is a full-blown social networking site. It not only lets you share updates, photos, joining events and but also carries out paid promotions of brands through ads. Digital marketing comprises online marketing, social media marketing, and mobile marketing. While digital marketing is the application of multiple digital channels to build awareness and promote a business/product as well as services to a target audience, social media is dependent only on networking platforms.
2. What can be the best approach to increase website traffic?
Ans. We can achieve this in various ways Ensuring good user experience Building referral traffic Performing on-page SEO Targeting long-tail keywords Using landing pages.
3. How do I prepare for a marketing interview?
Ans. Research about the company, including its revenue, ADRs, target audience, social media presence, competitors, new product launches, news coverage, etc. Show your creative side, do carry some of the commendable work you did in the past Mark a strong professional presence online, promote your skills, and develop a following on the social networks Dress professionally List your achievements Be prepared to ask questions, make mental notes while you speak with the interviewers
4. What is the role of SEO in content marketing?
Ans. SEO and content creation + marketing go hand in hand. It is important for every content piece on the website to be search engine optimized, the right usage of keywords should be there and the content should be within the SEO schema. Without the right AEO strategy, content marketing would be difficult to achieve.
5. How can I pursue a career in Digital Marketing?
Ans. To pursue a career in digital marketing, you need to have various skills related to the area. You can gain these skills by enrolling in one of the online certification programs in digital marketing present on Naukri Learning. These courses will provide you with both fundamental and advanced concepts of digital marketing, including SEO, PPC, content marketing.
6. What kind of jobs are there in the field of digital marketing?
Ans. Popular digital marketing job profiles are –
- Digital Marketing Specialist
- Lead Generation Specialist
- SEO Project Manager
- SEO strategist
- SEO Manager
- SEM Manager
- Social Media Strategist
- Digital Marketing Specialist
- Digital Marketing Lead
- SEM/ PPC Expert
- Manager – Digital Marketing
- Senior Brand Manager
- Digital Marketing Strategist
- B2B Strategic Marketing Professional
- Manager – Marketing – Events/Campaign & Brand Launch
- Online Marketing Manager
- Campaign Manager
- Marketing PR Manager
- Manager – Brand & Communications
- Content Marketing Manager
7. Which skills do I need to have to become a digital marketing professional?
Ans. To become a skilled digital marketing professional you must exhibit the following skills –
• Strong knowledge of SEO, SEM, PPC, content marketing, social media marketing, and other brand marketing
• Knowledge of paid advertising and specific marketing channels
• Data analysis and extraction skills
• An analytical bend of mind
• An attention to detail
• Time management skills
• Ability to perform under pressure
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to work with cross-functional teams
8. What are some of the best courses to learn digital marketing?
Ans. Some of the best rated online Digital Marketing Courses are –
9. What is the future of Digital Marketing?
Ans. With digital marketing seeing an upward trend, digital marketing skills are in high demand. Therefore, pursuing a course in digital marketing will help in your career progression. Naukri Learning offers comprehensive digital marketing certification courses or specialized courses in SEO, social media marketing, email marketing, PPC, etc.
10. How do I become a digital marketing professional?
Ans. To work as a digital marketing professional, you must have a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, along with on-the-job experience in online brand marketing. You must also possess skills in media, content, analytics, and digital data. Companies seek skilled professionals with a Masters’ degree in Marketing, Advertising, Brand Management, and/or Sales from an organization of repute, so it would be a good idea to take up a specialized digital marketing course.
11. Why should I take up a digital marketing course?
Ans. A digital marketing course would help you to learn how to –
- Ideate a structured Digital Marketing plan as per your business goals
- Identify your target audience and business objectives
- Maximize customer acquisition, conversion, and retention
- Create unique brand marketing strategies
- Improve your employability